Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lunch with Mark

After that Christmas party, I never did plan to see Mark again. I figured I would have the baby and that would be that. There was no reason for anyone to know the truth.

In March I received a call out of the blue from Mark. He said that he heard that I was pregnant and he wondered if the baby might be his. I coldly told him No and that he was to never call me again. I hung up the phone before he could respond. I did not want that man back in my life.

A week later I received a certified letter. The letter said that his lawyers would demand a DNA test. And if the child was his, he would sue to have visitation rights. My hands were trembling after I read the letter. I could not believe that he would go through with something like this.

I called his office and we talked. I asked him if he had not already done enough to hurt me. And why couldn’t he leave me alone. He told me he wanted to meet to discuss things. I told him I didn’t trust him. So he suggested that we meet for lunch in public at his exclusive country club. I agreed.

I agreed because I wanted to confront him about that night. I had so much anger. And I also planned to tell him that he should be thanking his lucky stars that I am not naming him as the father. I doubt Lisa would be thrilled to learn of the child support he would need to pay me.

When I arrived at the club, I had second thoughts. The place was fancy and I felt out of my element.

He was not there when I arrived, so I sat looking at the menu and drinking the water for 20 minutes. I felt foolish as if I had been stood up. And then I saw him headed in my direction. He was so tall that he was quite the sight in his suit. And he walked in an arrogant manner as if he owned the place. I could see that other people were secretly glancing at him.

He smiled at me and sat down. I noticed that I was all flustered. I had planned to frown and launch into him. But now I was also just smiling like a fool. I quickly regained my composure and scowled at him. I had a whole speech memorized. And I was ready to rip him to shreds.

I told him not to speak until I said my mind. I told him he was a horrible man and I hated him. And he was lucky I didn’t have him thrown in jail. And he better stop any idea of demanding a DNA test, or I would do everything in my power to destroy him. And he should just be thankful that I am not asking him for child support.

During my entire speech he just sat there looking vaguely amused. That made me even angrier. He asked me if I was done and he started to talk.

He told me that I was beautiful. And from the very first day he saw me he felt as if we had a mystical connection between us. He said that he was thrilled that I was carry our baby, but he didn’t want to do anything to hurt me.

He then pushed an envelope to me. He said it contained instructions for a trust fund he set up for my child and me. He said no one would have no know about it except for me. I pushed it back and told him I did not want his money. I only wanted him out of my life.

He said that was my choice. But if I refused to keep him involve, he would take legal action which would force his rights as a father. He said he realized that would cost his marriage and child support. He reminded me that such an action would be very public and it would hurt Jeff and probably destroy my family. Not to mention it would probably cost me my job teaching at the Christian school. He told me that I had up to the time the baby was born to make my decision. And then he would file the legal action.

I hated the man. I wanted to kill him. Then he leaned over and kissed me. And he walked away.

My panties were soaked.

6 comments:

  1. I do not have the words for this situation.

    Assaulting your hostess is something that nobody can accept as a proper act.

    I hope that the counseling is helping.

    SO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark is one of those guys that thinks rules don’t apply to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I can see where you would hate him, but I can also see how you would have the other reacton too. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am simply left speachless as probally you were!

    You really had your hands full with this man

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how you must have both hated him and felt desire for him at the same time. I suspect knowing you had his baby inside you must have magnified those conflicting feelings even more, making your mind go to one extreme and your body instinctively go to the other. BTW I thought you were so brave to meet him alone, thanks for sharing the story and i look forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm
    tough situation for sure.

    ReplyDelete