Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Christmas Party Disaster

In December 2006 my husband asked if I would host a small Christmas party at our home for his co-workers in property accounting. At first I said no, because I hate the stress of managing such an event. My husband thinks that a successful party just magically happens. He does not understand the preparation and planning involved.

But my husband kept pleading his case saying that it would be “no big deal” because only about 10 couples would attend. We don’t have a large home, but I figured we could accommodate around 20 people if we move stuff around. So I relented and agreed to the party.

A week later, my husband dropped a bomb shell. Mark had heard about the party and he wanted to know if he could attend. It seems that Mark does this on occasion to show that he is employee friendly and is not above rubbing elbows with the rest of us.

I was horrified. How could I be responsible for planning a party that the CEO and his wife would attend? I was not sure what rich people expected at parties. Does the upper class eat chip and dip? What would I wear? Would the house be a mess?

I tried to convince Jeff to cancel the party. But he told me he was not worried and that it would be impossible to cancel anyway. I thought – sure you don’t have to worry, you are not doing anything!

I decided to have the party catered to help reduce my stress level. And when the people arrived, everything actually started out well. People seemed to be enjoying the food, drinks and Christmas music.

When Mark and Lisa arrived it changed the dynamic. I could tell that the people were trying to suck up to Mark. You know, laughing a little too hard as his lame jokes, that sort of thing. It was sickening.

Mark obviously thought he was terribly funny as he was wearing a Santa hat. His wife, Lisa, was dressed as gorgeous as usual. She was tall, blonde and thin. I am short and always had to struggle to maintain my weight. I was envious of her. She also had a coach handbag and Gucci shoes. Now I am not materialistic, but it is fun to see how the other half lives.

I always though Mark and Lisa made an odd couple. He is so outgoing and she is quiet to the point of almost being cold. I always thought of ice when I saw Lisa.

Even though I was busy making sure everyone was happy, Mark found time to speak to me through much of the party. He asked me about my career as a teacher. He asked about my kids. He really seemed like a different guy. He almost seemed charming.

It was funny, because everyone else was always trying to talk to him. And I was not that interested, but he always seemed to gravitate towards me.

Looking back on it, I must admit part of me secretly enjoyed the attention. I had always just been plain and boring Amy – teacher and mother of two kids. And now I had one of the richest and most dynamic men in the area focusing on me!

Looking back on it I regret that I did not try to cool him off. I suppose I could blame the two glasses of wine. But I felt like Cinderella. For the first time in a long time I felt beautiful and desirable. And I suppose I flirted back. I maintained eye contact and I returned his smiles. And when his eyes would glance down at my dress, it didn’t bother me. I guess I was enjoying the magical ball.

And metaphorically, midnight struck. And the magical spell ended.

As people started to leave the party, I got their coats that I had thrown on my bed upstairs. As I was retrieving the coats for a couple, I was startled to see Mark standing behind me. I had not heard him enter the room. He just stood there for a second with a mischievous grin on his face. Then he lightly closed the bedroom door.

I had not bothered to turn on the bedroom light when I entered the room. The light from the hall was enough for me to find the proper coats. But when Mark closed the door, the only light was that from the outside street lights that shone through the bedroom window. It now seemed as if I was standing in a black and white movie as everything was a shade of grey.

In retrospect I suppose I should have been frightened. But the couple of glasses of wine gave me a sense of invulnerability. And I considered Mark to be a silly flirt, but quite harmless. And, anyway, there were still 20 people downstairs. So it was not like I was alone in the house.

I fetched his and Lisa’s coat off the bed and handed it to him. As I attempted to hand him their coats, he ignored the coats and instead grasped my hands. Unit that moment I never quite internalized how tall he was. My hands felt so small within his. He looked down at me and said that he wanted to thank me for the wonderful party.

For a moment I became woozy and I lost my brave composure. In my years of marriage I had never desired another man. I was 100% committed to my husband. I loved him. He was my rock. He is the father of my children. The thought of thinking of another man in sexual terns seemed ridiculous. And, yet, now I was quite aroused.

The moment passed as I caught a glimpse of family picture on the wall behind Mark. The picture was taken the Easter prior at one of those chain photo places. My two daughters were standing in front of Jeff and me in their new Sunday dresses. We looked like such a happy family. That reminded me that what I was doing was wrong.

I regained my composure and told him that I am glad he enjoyed the party. I half-heatedly tried to break my hands free from his grasp, but he was too strong. I laughed and told him to stop being silly, people were waiting for me to bring their coats downstairs. He told me that the price of letting me go was a kiss. I remember thinking how silly such a line was. I turned my head and told him he could kiss my cheek.

He bent down and kissed my cheek. Then he kissed my lips. I would like to say that I resisted his kiss, but I didn’t. And when our tongues touched, wow, I felt as if a bolt of lightning went through my body. I had not experienced that feeling in years. I had again lost my composure and was playing with fire.

As we kissed his hands slid down my body. When I felt his hands go up my dress and touch my thighs, it was like an alarm went off. I asked myself - WHAT AM I DOING? I am a Christian mother who loves her husband. I do not do this sort of thing. Instantly, I was horrified at my actions.

I told Mark to stop. I told him that this was wrong and we needed to stop. He ignored me and pressed me against the bedroom wall.

Then a wave of fear overwhelmed me. How could I have been so stupid to let this escalate to such a level? I again told Mark to stop. I said it was no longer funny and he had to stop now. Mark responded by pulling down my pantyhose. Now I was in a panic. I struggled as hard as I could, but I was pinned against the wall. I weigh 120 pounds and I am sure he is over 200.

I thought of crying for help, but he was pressing so hard against me I was having troubles breathing. And part of me couldn’t believe that this was actually happening to me. As he lowered his pants, I started to plead with him that he didn’t want to do this.

He put his arms around me and lifted me off the floor. My back was pinned to the wall. And before I could think, I felt his penis entering me.

I was a virgin when I married Jeff. I had never known another man. So I didn’t exactly have any other point of reference. But Mark felt huge. And he was rough. It was painful. Degrading. And I had quickly started to have contractions. At first I didn’t realize I was having an orgasm. He continued to roughly penetrate me and another orgasmic wave overcame me. Then another.

I remember biting hard on his shoulder to muffle my screams. I don’t remember my thoughts at this time. I was reduced to almost a primal state. I had never in my life been in such a condition in which I literally could not think. It was like my body was on auto-pilot.

Then I felt the warmth of his semen dripping down my thigh. He sat me down on the bedroom floor. He zipped up and casually got his coat and his wife’s coat off the bed. And then he left without saying a word.

Next post… the aftermath.

8 comments:

  1. I am trying to collected my thoughts how this incident changed my life. I believe it did on so many levels. Part of this blog is therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this could be therapeutic for a lot of us.
    All I can say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Spin. I will appreciate your perspective and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your honesty. Holy crap! That guy is a jerk. No wonder he's a CEO he's quite the go-getter. He just bulldozers people There are guys out there like that. I've met a couple myself. Such the center of every party. Not quite likable. But everyone wants to be around them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Mark (not his real name) is definitely an aggressive man. Most people have an affair with a man they love. I ended up having an affair with a man I detest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would may be name what happened with a different R... word.

    ReplyDelete